Home > We Are > Building for the Future
Building for the Future
The Next Step
The new West campus on Capehart Road is the next move westward for the congregation. In 2006, St James began offering contemporary worship services at a second Bellevue location toward the western edge of the city at Golden Hills Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 3005 Golden Blvd.
St. James launched the first Nebraska United Methodist Church multi-site campus in September of 2006 and we met for several years in a rented facility. In August of 2017 a cornerstone laying event was held and in September of 2017 the new sanctuary was consecrated. The first official worship services were held on Sunday, October 29th. Newcomers have been attending this campus on just about every Sunday since then. The West campus is home to both traditional as well as contemporary worship. St. James will be continuing with the multi-site philosophy of doing ministry on more than one campus. The East campus is at 1501 Franklin Street in Bellevue and the new West campus is at 4343 Capehart Road.
Construction was completed in 2017 at our new site at 4343 Capehart Road.